Date(s) - 22/06/2019
11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Woburn Abbey and Gardens
Set against the backdrop of Woburn Abbey ‘The Gardener’s Garden Show’ — now in its 10th year — offers access to award-winning exhibitors and nurseries complimented by live entertainment, artisan foods, demonstrations, informative talks and garden advice. The Private Gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Bedford will be accessible, with lunch available (though not included in the cost) at the Sculpture Gallery, The Duchess’ Tea Room and the Bedford Tea Room.
Garden Show highlights include
- This year’s talks, demonstrations and Q&A sessions will be presented by Pippa Greenwood, a regular writer and blogger for BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine and RHS Ambassador and BBC Gardeners’ World presenter Adam Frost, as well as a number of other horticultural experts.
- Q&A sessions with Adam Frost and Pippa Greenwood and Woburn Estates Gardens Manger and show organiser Martin Towsey.
- Tips and advice from Woburn gardeners and rare access to see the Private Gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Bedford (not normally open to the public)
- Free garden tours with RHS qualified gardeners to learn more about the management and creation of Woburn’s Humphry Repton landscaped gardens
- A fabulous line up of RHS Medal winning nurseries, offering a diverse array of plants in our Plant Village. Nurseries are tasked with creating a plant display for which awards are given over the weekend.
- Plenty of retail therapy including a luxury gifts hall and Artisan Food Hall. Quality stands offering a plethora of garden furniture, sculpture, tools and horticultural hardware
- Live entertainment and musical performances from the Bedford Town Band to the backdrop of stunning views over the Woburn Abbey Gardens.
*NEW FOR 2019* ‘The Good Life Connection’ area
A brand new theme this year is ways to make life richer, healthier, more mindful, more meaningful and more sustainable. By adopting ‘The Good Life’ approach and the Show’s mantra that everything comes back to the plant, visitors and exhibitors will be brought together through sharing, learning and building confidences to become successful, independent and happy growers.
A key element of this area will be the exclusive Field Kitchen, where celebrity chef, cookery author and vegetable expert Rachel Green will be taking homegrown produce and transforming it into delicious dishes. Also on hand to give tips and share their experiences of home growing and self sufficient living will be renowned vloggers ‘Agents of Field’ Sophie and Ade, who are themselves living ‘The Good Life’.
Whether you’re an enthusiastic horticulturist or just looking for inspiration, you’ll have an informative day at the Woburn Abbey Garden Show.
Our price is a group rate, cheaper than individual entry!
Cost: £12 for members, £14 for guests.